Interested in listing an opening here?
Use the Contact Us tab in the top right corner!
2017-09-21 DDG Virginia Job Posting
ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
ABOUT THE COMPANY
DDG Virginia is a growing, mutli-discipline engineering firm in Fairfax, Virginia. We provide mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering for a variety of projects that include commercial office buildings, tenant interiors, educational facilities, healthcare facilities, restaurants, retail, and warehouse projects.
It’s our goal to provide quality professional engineering design services by combining experience, knowledge, and hard work that exceed client expectations. To achieve this goal, we employ an educated staff of professionals focused on quality and coordinated design. We manage our services efficiently and effectively, follow a quality control process, and are proactive and responsive in our approach.
We promote continuing education from vendor presentations to industry training and seminars and we encourage professional development from EIT certification to PE licensure. Our benefits package for full-time employees includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. We offer 401k/Roth retirement plan, paid time off, paid holidays and bonuses. Our office is close to 66 in a class A building with on-site café and fitness center. Our environment is professional but laid back. DDG Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The electrical design engineer will:
- Travel to project sites for field surveys to document existing conditions,
- Translate electrical design concepts of device layouts, circuitry, power distribution, emergency power systems, lighting, lighting controls and fire alarm systems to drawings in AutoCAD,
- Apply ICC building codes and NEC standards.
- Calculate electrical loads and panel schedules,
- Select and specify electrical equipment and fixtures,
- Coordinate with other disciplines,
- Plot drawings,
- Review and respond to contractor submittals and requests for information,
- Manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines.
The employee will be challenged to take on more responsibility as his/her abilities allow, which may not be specifically mentioned in this description.
- Bachelor’s degree in architectural or electrical engineering or 2+ years of electrical design experience
- Working experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Relevant work experience
- EIT certification
If you or someone you know if interested in the opportunity, please reach out to Kim Sikes (KSikes@DDGVirginia.com) for more information.
2017-05-26 Architectural Lighting Design Positions Open
Gilmore Lighting Design, an internationally recognized award-winning boutique sized firm, located in the Washington DC metro area in downtown Bethesda, Maryland, is hiring for Senior and Junior level positions. We seek candidates interested in delivering creative, quality design solutions using strong technical and communication skills and who enjoy an open collaborative friendly studio atmosphere. Our portfolio spans from corporate interiors, cultural institutions, exterior public spaces, to education type projects.
The mid-senior level candidate initially shadows the principal learning the firm design philosophy, while becoming familiar with in-house projects and moving towards independent project management. Mid-level to junior level candidates would be involved with all aspects of projects, from concept development thru construction documentation depending on experience with the expectation of growing skills sets in all aspects of lighting design while developing professionally.
Qualification Requirements: Minimum 4-year degree in architecture or related fields and 4 years’ experience in a professional design office; working knowledge of lighting applications and luminaire photometry; software proficiency in Microsoft Office, AGI32, AutoCAD, Revit, and Adobe Creative Suite; solid graphic, verbal and written English communication skills required.
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience including vacation, medical insurance, retirement savings plan, and professional development related allowances.
Email letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
2017-04-07 Streeter Consulting Job Posting
Streeter Consulting has an exciting opportunity for a lighting designer based in Alexandria, VA. This is an award winning, interdisciplinary design firm with architects, engineers, planners, lighting designers, landscape architects, and interior designers working together to create holistic designs for healthcare, the arts, community, education, corporations, government and district/campus energy clients. Our client is both team-oriented and employee-friendly and social activities are integrated into their office culture. They offer challenge, recognition and personal visibility with an opportunity to be part of some great projects.
Qualified candidates should be well versed in the art and science of lighting design, and must be able to support aesthetically pleasing designs with technically competent analysis. As an experienced designer and engineer we are looking for this team member to interface regularly and effectively with clients, contractors, building officials and other team members, both local and remote. Additional requirements include, but are not limited to, assisting team members with proposal presentation, consulting with internal and external clients, and leading teams as a project manager.
Qualified candidates will have:
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering in an ABET accredited program or B.S. in Interior Design in a CIDA accredited program.
• LC Designation preferred
• PE Preferred
• LEED AP Preferred
• 4+ years’ experience designing the power distribution and/or lighting design for commercial, institutional and healthcare facilities
• Experience using Outlook and Microsoft Office (or similar software), Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Knowledge of the current sustainable technologies applicable to lighting design.
• Working knowledge of AGI and/or Visual Pro.
• Proficiency with Revit 2015/16, and AutoCAD.
Other competencies needed:
• Travel as required to meet training and project requirements
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work on multiple projects and manage workload to meet project deadlines
• Ability to work independently as well as interact effectively with others (including architects, mechanical, plumbing and electrical engineers)
Please contact Lee Eppinga – Lee@streeterconsulting.com 941 780 6368
2017-03-16 CM KLING + ASSOCIATES is seeking a full-time entry level lighting designer to work in their Alexandria, VA office.
Full-Time Entry Level Lighting Designer
Position: Full-time entry level design position
Location: Alexandria, VA
CM KLING + ASSOCIATES – an architectural lighting firm based in Washington DC – is looking for a full-time entry-level Lighting Designer.
Our services are comprehensive from concept to construction to aiming. Our measure of success is cohesive collaboration with design professionals and effective guidance for our clients. We offer designers the opportunity to collaborate and innovate on a wide range of project types and sizes in a fast-paced environment.
Your role is assisting in development of lighting design packages for a wide range of industries and clientele. You’ll work with us from our newly renovated offices in charming Old Town Alexandria, VA (one block from the two fantastic coffee shops.) You possess an energetic approach to design, imagination and a proven interest in lighting.
You must have the following technical skills and qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a lighting-related field (or demonstrated lighting experience)
- Theatrical, Exhibit, and/or Architectural Lighting Design training & experience.
- Fluent in AutoCAD
- Familiarity with Revit and AGI32
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal, organizational, writing, presentational & collaborative skills
You’re a design rock star if you have experience in the following:
- 3D visualization software
- LEED/sustainability skills
- Daylighting analysis
Compensation & Benefits
Salary commiserate with experience. Medical, vision and dental included. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Email your cover letter, resume & electronic portfolio to: Laura Arnold, Marketing Director email@example.com.
CM KLING + ASSOCIATES is an award-winning architectural lighting design firm specializing in Hospitality, Corporate, Sports Arenas, Convention Centers, Religious and Government projects. Since 1980, we’ve worked with the finest architecture and design firms in the Washington DC area and nationwide. In beautiful Old Town Alexandria, VA, we’re close to everything Washington DC offers (15 minutes away).
2017-02-10 Bard, Rao + Athanas (BR+A) Job Posting
Electrical Design Engineer
Founded in 1975, Bard, Rao + Athanas Consulting Engineers (BR+A) maintains a total staff of 300 employees located at our main office in Boston and branch offices in New York City, NY; Philadelphia, PA; McLean, VA (Washington, DC); Coral Gables, FL (Miami), Chicago, IL and St. Louis, MO. BR+A provides state-of-the-art integrated and coordinated mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection consulting engineering, technology systems design and building commissioning services.
We have open position for an Electrical Design Engineer in our McLean, VA office.
5 years experience
· Experience in designing Healthcare, Commercial, Higher Education, or Laboratory projects.
· Proficient in AutoCAD MEP and Revit.
· EIT license (Engineer in Training) or Professional Engineering license preferred.
· Excellent organizational and communication skills.
· Strongly motivated, well organized, shows professional initiative.
· Takes ownership of assignments, work both independently and as part of the project team.
· Prepare one-line diagrams with limited input from Engineers.
· Respond to RFI’s for the project, and accurately review submittals with limited input.
· Solve installation problems with electrical systems, travel to the site to resolve issues.
· Prepare floor plans showing electrical device layouts, circuitry, fixtures, equipment, etc.
· Review calculations for electrical loads and panel schedules.
· Have thorough knowledge of NEC and other codes.
· Understands and applies concepts of voltage drop, conductor sizing, harmonics, etc.
· Edit electrical specifications.
· Layout fire alarm devices on floor plans.
· Select and schedule equipment with limited oversight by senior staff.
· Meet with vendors to determine specification requirements for application.
· Coordinates with other disciplines.
· Apply risk management procedures daily to minimize our and client’s exposure to problems.
· Understand work planning and manage design process to the available hours in work plan.
· Meets with contractors during bid phase to review the design.
· Oversee deliverables to and from clients.
· Oversee and encourage coordination between disciplines.
We offer excellent compensation and a competitive benefits package, including Medical/Dental coverage and 401K, to all of our full-time employees. BR+A is an equal opportunity employer. Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2017-01-24 Electrical Design Engineer
Aspire Engineering is a full service consulting engineering firm specializing in mechanical, electrical and plumbing design. We are seeking an electrical engineer to work in our Fairfax, VA office. Projects include new construction and renovation in areas such as commercial, educational, retail, restaurant, multi-family, recreation, government and residential.
· BS or BAE in Electrical or Architectural Engineering
· 3-5 years of experience in building electrical systems design
· Fundamentals of Engineering/EIT certification with goal of obtaining PE License
· Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, and power/lighting software
· Knowledge of the current building codes and standards (IBC, NEC, NFPA, IESNA)
· LEED or green building experience a plus but not required
Primary Responsibilities include:
· Designing electrical, lighting and fire alarm systems
· Conducting existing condition site visits
· Use of AutoCAD and Revit to prepare construction documents
· Performing lighting and electrical calculations
· Preparing project specifications and technical reports
· Performing construction administration duties for projects
This position requires the ability to work on several projects at once, so candidates must be self-disciplined and work efficiently. Creative solutions will often be required. Responsibilities include performing multi-discipline coordination within the office as well as interfacing effectively with clients and other members of the project time. Candidates should have strong communication, self-motivation and leadership skills.
Send resumes to email@example.com
2017-01-06 Marymount University Job Posting
Hi Lighting Professionals!
The Marymount Interior Design program has a satellite campus in Reston, VA and is looking for an instructor to teach a lecture course on lighting design to 3rd year undergraduate students in Spring 2017. See the class details below:
ID-333-REST: Provides a basic knowledge of and background to the various components and materials utilized in lighting with an emphasis on the terminology, principles, and theory of illumination design. Concentration on establishing objective criteria for making and evaluating decisions in the lighting design process. Prerequisite: junior standing. (3)
The semester runs Jan 17th through May 13th and the full schedule is here: http://www.marymount.edu/Academics/Services-Resources/Registrar-s-Office/Academic-Calendar/Tentative-Spring-2017-Academic-Calendar
Marymount's Reston Center is located at 1861 Wiehle Avenue, Reston, VA.
If you or someone you know if interested in the opportunity, please reach out to Douglas Seidler (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.